Eligibility: Eligibility: 10th Passed & above
Pursuing F&B service- Steward course helps candidates to strengthen their abilities such as communication with customers, serving food and beverages, maintaining hygiene, offering first aid and napkin fold to the guests, and many other tasks that will enable them to deliver high quality services.
This course prepares you to perform the duties and responsibilities of a Food and Beverage Service Steward.
The course comprises a series of self-paced learning sessions and lectures aided by demonstrations. Some amount of preparation is expected, for each session, using the course material available in the form of reading material and assignments. There are assignments and course readings structured within the course. The assignments are both individual and group based. Successful completion of both is mandatory for the certification. The classroom course design includes formative tests and online summative tests comprising Multiple Choice Questions towards the end of the course.
On completion of this course, you will be equipped with the right knowledge and skill for a successful career in the Food and Beverage service industry.
About the course
Food & Beverage Service-Steward course develops the right skills and knowledge in the learners to become a talented F&B Service-Steward that can deliver top-class service to the guests. Also known as ‘Waiter’, a steward is responsible for serving food and beverages in a hotel, restaurant, room service, parties and banquet functions.
The role of steward involves greeting and seating of guests, taking down their orders, and coordinating with kitchen and bar staff to ensure smooth operation, providing them with food and beverage items, and then clearing used dishes along with settling down the customer’s accounts as per procedures. The steward is the main point of contact between the customers and the organization. Pursuing F&B service- Steward course helps candidates to strengthen their abilities such as communication with customers, serving food and beverages, maintaining hygiene, offering first aid and napkin fold to the guests, and many other tasks that will enable them to deliver high quality services. Stewards are the front-line guest service staff and are given proper training for developing communication and inter-personal skills.
Is F&B A Promising Career?
Absolutely, the food and beverage sector is one of the best career options in 2022. Actually, food is about a lot more than just consuming it.
If you've ever delved deep into the nitty-gritty of the food industry, there's a good chance you'll wind up working in the Food and Beverage Industry. Here is why a career in F&B is the right choice for you.
Career Scope in Food and Beverage Service-
Food and Beverage industry is mostly defined by the output of its products and the professionals work tirelessly to gratify customers’ experience through their service. So there are some key skills an aspirant needs to possess for making a career in food and beverage services.
• Passion for food beverages with sound knowledge of the latest trends in the food and beverage industry.
• Management in diversity - Manage and work with a diverse staff from waiters to chefs to kitchen staff to cleaners.
• He/she must be an excellent communicator.
Why Study Food & Beverage Services?
After the completion of the program, candidates get placed in food-related industries where they can serve and provide services to the food industries in packaging and distributing as well.
• The food and beverage service is known as the core industry of hospitality management and its market is vast as compared to other businesses. In Food & Beverage Services course candidates, there is no doubt in the job opportunities in this field.
• The study of this program helps the candidate to gain adequate aspects of hotel and hospitality management, along with the other services of the food industry such as packaging, distributing, servicing, etc.
• The advantage of this program is that it teaches the candidates to handle different chaotic situations and to stay calm.
• From preparing food to serving it, everyday operations of the kitchen and its related areas, where food and beverages services have a wide scope.
• After the completion of the course, candidates can further pursue a higher degree related to food and beverages or hospitality management.
• There are huge opportunities for the candidates in the areas such as hotels, restaurants, bars, cafes, resorts, catering companies, cruise ships, etc.
Why is F&B important?
Food and Beverage Department (F&B) is responsible for maintaining high quality of food and service, food costing, managing restaurants, bars, etc.